I went to the station this morning to catch the 08:30 from Bamber Bridge to Colne.
At 08:36 there was an announcement to say that the 08:30 train to Colne was delayed by approximately 17 minutes. It never arrived and there were not subsequent announcements to say that the train had been cancelled.
This is disgraceful. 6 people stood on the cold platform for over an hour and 15 minutes with no information. This is not the first time that trains on this line are cancelled without announcement. We don't all have mobile internet technology. When the 09:30 train arrived, It terminated at Blackburn, again with no prior warning. Disgraceful.
- By James Charnock on 24 Jan 2013
- Sent to Northern Rail on 24 Jan 2013
- 1 James Charnock added an update close 19:42 08 Mar 2013
Peter Dixon added an update
18:26 09 Mar 2013
I am one of the FixMyTransport volunteers
I am sorry to read that Northern Rail did not provide the level of response that you expected.
If you are unhappy, my advice would be to do two things
1) Tell Northern Rail that you are unhappy with the response and want more reassurance that this lack of information will not happen again.
2) Contact Passenger Focus who are the rail passenger complaints watchdog