I am upset that trains from Cardiff to Manchester no longer stop at Church Stretton, supposedly to save time between Cardiff and Manchester. When I travelled from Hereford to Manchester recently, I did not notice my journey being shorter, but I did notice that the train ran through Church Stretton without stopping. How am I supposed to go there on day trips now? Church Stretton is a tourist town popular with hikers, and it has a high proportion of elderly people. The number of buses there from Ludlow and Shrewsbury has also been halved. This will leave residents stranded, and will force visitors to drive there (those that can drive) and put more pressure on parking in Church Stretton. Visitors who cannot drive will have difficulty getting there and might not bother any more. This is bad for the Church Stretton economy and bad for visitors.
- By Judith Sawyer on 13 Sep 2011
- Sent to Arriva Trains Wales on 13 Sep 2011
- 1 Myf Nixon added an update close 11:56 13 Sep 2011
- 2 Sally Lowe added an update close 13:32 13 Sep 2011
- 3 Judith Sawyer added an update close 20:15 25 Jan 2012
- 4 Paul Hollinghurst added an update close 20:31 04 Oct 2012